Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default i cannot get coloured text or fill to work excel 2003

I must have something wrong in the set up of my excel as i can no longer
change the font colour or use fill in colour. if i double left click on a
cell I get the colour font i want but when i move out of the cell it goes
back to black
--
CHRIS D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does the problem happen on all files? do you have any macros running?

You can disable macros from running by setting your security setting to
medium and when youy open the workbook select Don't run macros.

Tools - Macro - Security - Medium

Close workbook and re-open. Select disable macros. Then see if problem
still occurs.

"CHRIS" wrote:

I must have something wrong in the set up of my excel as i can no longer
change the font colour or use fill in colour. if i double left click on a
cell I get the colour font i want but when i move out of the cell it goes
back to black
--
CHRIS D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 05:11:00 -0700, CHRIS
wrote:

I must have something wrong in the set up of my excel as i can no longer
change the font colour or use fill in colour. if i double left click on a
cell I get the colour font i want but when i move out of the cell it goes
back to black

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Joel,
This happens with all files. I have reset the security level on macros but
it did not help.
how do I select dont run macros.
I really appreciate your help with this frustrating problem
--
CHRIS D