Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert Excel file ti ASCII format to allow a SIFT transfer

Hi, I have read the posts about saving an excel file and converting it to
ASCII file but I do not fully understand although it looks simple.
The remit is I have an excel file containing a huge amount of data but it is
not acceptable as it needs to be in ASCII format.
How do I change the Excel file to ASCII successfully?

Many thanks for your advice.
Paula

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Saving each worksheet as text data. There are many textt formats that you
can use by doing File - SaveAs and selecting the type of file at the bottom
of the window. Both TXT and CSV are text formats. CSV is each column on the
spreadsheet seperated by a comma.

With saving as Text you loose all the formating and you can only save one
worksheet to one text file.

You can also save the worksheet as a picture which is usful if you want to
show the worksheet in a Power Point Slide presentation.