Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I prevent data i a cell from being copied?

I want to prevent data from some cells in my worksheet not to be copied to
other worksheets. There are possibilities to hide and protect data not to be
changed in a worksheet, but I do not find a way to prevent the data to be
copied to another worksheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You are unlikely to find a bullet proof method because protection in Excel
is not very robust but one deterrent would be to protect your sheet with the
option of not allowing users to select locked cells.

Another method is to use the code written by Ken Puls which disables the
copy/paste options. But once again the wheels come off if the user doesn't
enable macros when the workbook is opened.

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=373

Mike

"Bo J Eriksson" wrote:

I want to prevent data from some cells in my worksheet not to be copied to
other worksheets. There are possibilities to hide and protect data not to be
changed in a worksheet, but I do not find a way to prevent the data to be
copied to another worksheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think you will find a way to do this.

You can lock the cells and protect the sheet with no selection of locked or
unlocked cells cells so users cannot select to copy but.....................

User can enter =Sheet1A1 on another sheet and get the contents.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP