Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with VBA Code

Hi
I am currently trying to work out a code which would sum up previous rows
upon reaching each row containing 'zzzz' in a column which contain some
numbers followed by a "zzzz" where the total of the numbers appears above
should be inserted.

i have defined first and last row containing the numbers and the "zzzz'

the code I have been trying to work out is as follows

Range("H8").Select

For I = FirstRow To FinalRow

Range("H" & I).Select

If CELL("contents", "H" & I)= "zzzz" _

Then ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "= sum ("H"& sumstart ": H"& I)

End If

sumstart = I
Next I

I am new to VBA and cannot work my way through, so if someone can help me
out...

Thankng you in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Example Before and After would be

Store T/F Code Amt
AA T 1234 10.00
AB T 1112 10.00
AC T 1456 10.00
A0 F 0000 zzzz
BA T 1245 10.00
BB T 3584 10.00
BC T 3687 10.00
BD T 1789 10.00
B0 F 0000 zzzz

AFTER
Store T/F Code Amt
AA T 1234 10.00
AB T 1112 10.00
AC T 1456 10.00
A0 F 0000 30.00
BA T 1245 10.00
BB T 3584 10.00
BC T 3687 10.00
BD T 1789 10.00
B0 F 0000 40.00

I need to Scroll down the list and replace all zzzz by a formula which sums
up all cells lying above it.

Thks for a prompt reply

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Not quite sure what you want since you did NOT provide examples and
before/after.

Sub sumifzzzz()
mysum = 0
For Each c In Range("d12:d16")