Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search function

We have created a training folder containing a number of word documents that
describes who the provider is and what the training course involves. One
provider might conduct a number of different courses. There might also be a
number of different providers that conduct a similar course. For example: Joe
Bloggs conducts courses in MSWord, MSExcel, MSAccess etc., then MSWord could
be provided by Joe Bloggs, John Smith and Harry Who.
What I want to be able to do is create a spreadsheet where I could have
dropdown menus with the providers names and when I select, say, Joe Bloggs
the list of courses he provides will come up in the next column. I would also
like to be able to search under the course name being aware that some
providers may call their courses different names eg: MSWord or Microsoft Word
or Word and have all the providers names for that course come up in another
column. I know how to do the dropdowns, I just dont know how to set up the
search part especially when I have, say, MSWord and Microsoft Word and/or
Word and I am asking for a search on €˜Word but I want all three to come up.
I would like to add hyperlinks to the providers names and the course names
to take us to the word document which I am fairly sure I am okay with also.
I am not sure if this is possible and maybe it would be better done in
Access but unfortunately we do not have Access at work. We are using Excel
2003.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to give.