Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Does password protection ever "expire"?

If using password protection to prevent users from accidentally overwriting
formulas, does that setting ever "expire"? I have not found any reference to
such an expiration, so wanted to check with the community.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If using password protection...does that setting ever "expire"?

No

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JR Hester" wrote in message
If using password protection to prevent users from accidentally
overwriting
formulas, does that setting ever "expire"? I have not found any reference
such an expiration, so wanted to check with the community.

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Maybe not expire, but my passwords do tend to get corrupted each now and
again. Passwords that have been working fine for six months or a year or
whatever just suddenly stop working. It seems to happen when moving sheets
around between different servers on our network or emailing between users. So
maybe our Networks security systems (virus,spam,porn checkers etc) are
interfering.

I've never bothered to try and find out what the actual problem is, as it is
very easy to run JEMcGimpseys Allinternalpasswords macro and reset the
password.

Cheers
Martin