Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Greying out text

I have some text that I want to be greyed out (de-emphasized). When I set
the text color to grey, it prints black - even the print preview shows it
black.

I have several cells where the background is grey and they print grey - even
in the print preview, but I cannot get the text to print grey.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the format from a cell that is printing correctly.

Copy the working cell

On the new cell right click PasteSpecial Formats OK

"Rich" wrote:

I have some text that I want to be greyed out (de-emphasized). When I set
the text color to grey, it prints black - even the print preview shows it
black.

I have several cells where the background is grey and they print grey - even
in the print preview, but I cannot get the text to print grey.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't say some of the text prints grey and some doesn't. None of the text
I want to have print out in a grey scale will print grey - it all prints
black.

What I did say is that a few cells with a grey BACKGROUND will print that
background as a grey scale, but none of the text will print grey.

I'm using a laser printer, and I think it's a printer problem now.