Skoal

Default Moving from cell to cell is very slow!!

in a machine with all office updates and xp sp2, when using excell (2000) if
you move from cell to cell either to edit data or just to format a group of
cells it takes about a minute. even in a new empty excel spread sheet.

is there a setting or maybe one of the updates cause the program to do a
search or something to delay the switching between cells?

any help would be appreciated.
Fredrik Wahlgren

"Skoal" wrote in message
in a machine with all office updates and xp sp2, when using excell (2000)

if
you move from cell to cell either to edit data or just to format a group

of
cells it takes about a minute. even in a new empty excel spread sheet.

is there a setting or maybe one of the updates cause the program to do a
search or something to delay the switching between cells?

any help would be appreciated.

On all worksheets/workbooks? It's possible that you have a macro that you
trigger when you change the selection.

/Fredrik

skoal

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Skoal" wrote in message
in a machine with all office updates and xp sp2, when using excell (2000)

if
you move from cell to cell either to edit data or just to format a group

of
cells it takes about a minute. even in a new empty excel spread sheet.

is there a setting or maybe one of the updates cause the program to do a
search or something to delay the switching between cells?

any help would be appreciated.

On all worksheets/workbooks? It's possible that you have a macro that you
trigger when you change the selection.

/Fredrik

The macros function has been turned off (auto-security), so the answer is
no. there are no macros (atleast there shouldn't be any macros running).

it really appears, or takes a long time, if you try to expand the width of a
column or row by just dragging the width.

even in a new workbook. it happens on all pages and workbooks. it seem to
really stand out after an XP update. However, I can not say weither it is
caused by an XP update.
Other machines with the same configurations have the same update and they do
not have the same problem.

thanks for the help.

Skoal
Fredrik Wahlgren

"skoal" wrote in message

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Skoal" wrote in message
[...]

Does XP refer to Office or Windows? I guess something could have gone wrong
with this particular update. I like to make a ghost image of my machine
immediately after having installed th OS and my most commonly used
applications. I have found that the performance seems to degrade over time

Anyway, I have found a KB article that may help
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=815049

/Fredrik

skoal

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"skoal" wrote in message

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"Skoal" wrote in message
[...]

actually it's office 2000, however there is an OFFICE XP. I was referring to
an update to XP (the O/S) that may be causing the individual problem to this
machine.

I know of one XP "hotfix" that caused a file save problem, that's why I was
wondering if anyone knew of another that directly related to Excel.

I am still searching the knowledge base.

thanks for the assistance.