Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slow Worksheet WHY?

Hi:
I hope I can get some help in this newsgroup. I am using the newest version of Excel.
I have a file and my workbook has about 8 worksheet. One worksheet started to fail and going very slow. If I want to write, delete, fill a cell, add values and whatever I do it takes a lot of time to do it.
other worksheets are fine and works perfectly.
The Worksheet that is not good is the one where I have all my purchases with the links of every purchase that could be a page in the internet or some website. I noticed today that if I put my cursor near from a cell ( I think last 15 cells up to down ) its like if I picture had been inserted and if I see in the upper field it says " picture 12,245 " so I think I have inserted 12,245 pictures that I cant se but only the blue logo of a picture inserting. If I want to remove every picture it takes lot of time to do this so I think my worksheet is slow because that but .................. my question :

Is there any way I can remove all pictures inserted without do it manually ? These are not pictures ...... I dont know. For example I use to copy links and paste them in a cell so I think probably the problem could be there .......... I dont know

Please someone help me ...... this file is very important to my work

Regards
Frank
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm only going to say this once:
MAKE BACKUPS of this file regularly until you get this all straightened out.
Don't just keep overwriting a single backup copy either - you're liable to
overwrite a good copy with a suddenly completely corrupted copy. I'd suggest
at least current copy, a 'father' copy and a grandfather copy. Rotating and
making sure that you have at least one good copy on hand at all times.
I am amazed at the number of people who have files that they consider
crucial to either their personal or professional life and don't have a good
backup strategy to protect the file(s) from loss.

With thousands of links trying to be updated it's no wonder the sheet is
slowing things down.

For any of the following, work from a backup copy of the file. Definitely
don't want to lose too much data trying to get it cleaned up.

Here is code that will simply remove ALL hyperlinks on the current active
sheet:

Sub DeleteAllSheetHyperlinks()
ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete
End Sub

Here is one that will delete all shapes (and pictures are shapes of a type)
on a sheet:

Sub DeleteAllSheetShapes()
Dim anyShape As Shape
For Each anyShape In ActiveSheet.Shapes
anyShape.Delete
Next
End Sub

To put the code into the workbook: Press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor.
Choose Insert | Module from the VBE menu and copy the two procedures and
paste them into the module. Then close the VBE and use Tools | Macro |
Macros to pick which one of them you want to use on a sheet while you have
that sheet chosen.