Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with Formula

Here is what I want to do. I have numbers in column A and I have text and
blanks in column B. I want to know the sum of the numbers in column A that
have text in coumn B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this. Will not sum if col a is blank or has a number

=SUMPRODUCT(((ISTEXT(A2:A22)*(LEN(TRIM(A2:A22))0) *B2:B22)))

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"berniewind" wrote in message
Here is what I want to do. I have numbers in column A and I have text and
blanks in column B. I want to know the sum of the numbers in column A
that
have text in coumn B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am betting someone will come up with somthing easier, but I came up with
this formula with 4 sets of data for a total of 7 (see the data below):

=SUM(IF(B5="",0,A5),IF(B6="",0,A6),IF(B7="",0,A7), IF(B8="",0,A8))

extend it out for as many as you need.

Col A Col B
1 John
2 Katie