Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving Cursor within same cell

When I am working in a cell, how can I set it up so that when I hit 'Enter',
the cursor will move right under the text in the current cell that I am
working in, as it does in Word, instead of always going down to the cell
below the cell that I am working in?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
don't think you can do that.
2003toolsoptionsedit tabcheck "move selection after enter"
here you can set which way the cell pointe(curser?) moves i.e. up, down,
left, right.
inside the cell, use the left/right arrow keys to move inside the cell.

regards
FSt1

"nishockey19" wrote:

When I am working in a cell, how can I set it up so that when I hit 'Enter',
the cursor will move right under the text in the current cell that I am
working in, as it does in Word, instead of always going down to the cell
below the cell that I am working in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
opps. i re-read your posts.
bob I is right. alt+enter add a new line with in the cell.
sorry
regards
FSt1

"nishockey19" wrote:

When I am working in a cell, how can I set it up so that when I hit 'Enter',
the cursor will move right under the text in the current cell that I am
working in, as it does in Word, instead of always going down to the cell
below the cell that I am working in?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can be found in help under Keyboard shortcutsKeys for entering, editing,
formatting, and calculating dataEnter data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP