Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Iterations & Automatically Solving If Statements

At my old job, using Excel 2003, I built several models that used
self-referencing IF Statements, e.g. in cell A5 I entered
=IF(TOGGLE=A3,A2/A4,A5). Toggle was a defined cell that when entered
different values changed the value in cell A3. The purpose of this was that I
then could reference several different values within row A3 and have a data
table layout, without using the data table function, which I can't since the
toggle function is on another tab.

Long story short, at my new job, using Excel 2007, even with iterations
turned on and up to 10,000, when I hit F9, the functions used to solve for
all possible solutions, providing me a data table format. Now, they do not
solve automatically, or iterate until the correct answer is found. Any
possible solutions or does anyone have experience solving the way I am
solving.

iterations? Dave O. Excel Worksheet Functions 2 October 23rd 07 12:26 AM
# of iterations Rick Excel Worksheet Functions 1 May 10th 07 04:41 PM
Macro for iterations.... Nick Krill Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 19th 07 07:44 PM
Iterations antonje New Users to Excel 2 October 10th 06 08:11 PM
Can I automatically add or delete cells based on IF statements Mike in OH Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 September 29th 06 01:02 AM