Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I make spreadsheet content link to another sheet and have.

the content automatically update?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See help on "linking"

Basics.............on sheet2 enter =sheet1!A1

Copy across and down.

OR.......select a range on sheet1 and copy.

Switch to sheet2, select a cell and EditPaste SpecialPaste LinkOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:31:01 -0700, Hyperlinking Spreadsheets <Hyperlinking
wrote:

the content automatically update?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use this large white space to explain your problem more fully.

You would generally use a formula like:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

to bring the contents from A1 of Sheet1 to another cell, but there are
other ways which might be more suitable, depending on your exact
requirements. For example, if the cell with the formula is to be
dependent on another cell, then you might use one of the LOOKUP
functions, or an INDEX/MATCH combination.

Please describe what you want to achieve in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 28, 3:31*pm, Hyperlinking Spreadsheets <Hyperlinking
wrote:
the content automatically update?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc