Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Column/Cell Question

I have my spreadsheet columns set to the width I want. My question is if I
type in the cell and it exceeds the width of the set column, how can I make
it automatically adjust?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Double click on the line between the column headers at the right of the
column with the long entry.

Stacy wrote:
I have my spreadsheet columns set to the width I want. My question is if I
type in the cell and it exceeds the width of the set column, how can I make
it automatically adjust?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Adjust which way? Column wider or the row taller?

You can set the cells to "Wrap Text" and rows to "Autofit"

You could also set the columns to "Autofit Selection"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP