Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copy Charts from Excel to Word

I have a 'Summary' sheet that has a drop down list of names of plots (i.e.
Plot 1, Plot 2, Plot 3, etc.). A corresponding tab named Plot changes based
on the plot name listed in the drop down box. (i.e. if you select Plot 3 in
the drop down list, Plot 3 appears on the Plot tab).

There are 60 plots in the drop down list. I want to copy all 60 plots to a
document in Word and size them such they are about 4" tall. Manually, I
could choose plot in the drop down, click on the Plot tab and copy and paste
and do this 60 times. Hopefully there is an easier way???

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a 'Summary' sheet that has a drop down list of names of plots
(i.e. Plot 1, Plot 2, Plot 3, etc.). A corresponding tab named Plot
changes based on the plot name listed in the drop down box. (i.e. if
you select Plot 3 in the drop down list, Plot 3 appears on the Plot
tab).

There are 60 plots in the drop down list. I want to copy all 60 plots
to a document in Word and size them such they are about 4" tall.
Manually, I could choose plot in the drop down, click on the Plot tab
and copy and paste and do this 60 times. Hopefully there is an easier
way???

There are different ways the current spreadsheet might be working to
implement the drop down box. To approach your question, let's ask, "where's
the text of the different plots now?" In the spreadsheet itself (maybe
hidden)? In other documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On the Summary sheet, in cell A2, I have a Data Validation List of the Plot
names. In columns B:M, I have the data corresponding to whatever plot was
chosen in the drop down. The data changes depending on which plot you choose
in the drop down. The Plot tab then gets the data from the Summary sheet and
changes depending on which plot is selected in cell A2.

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote:

I have a 'Summary' sheet that has a drop down list of names of plots
(i.e. Plot 1, Plot 2, Plot 3, etc.). A corresponding tab named Plot
changes based on the plot name listed in the drop down box. (i.e. if
you select Plot 3 in the drop down list, Plot 3 appears on the Plot
tab).

There are 60 plots in the drop down list. I want to copy all 60 plots
to a document in Word and size them such they are about 4" tall.
Manually, I could choose plot in the drop down, click on the Plot tab
and copy and paste and do this 60 times. Hopefully there is an easier
way???

There are different ways the current spreadsheet might be working to
implement the drop down box. To approach your question, let's ask, "where's
the text of the different plots now?" In the spreadsheet itself (maybe
hidden)? In other documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

[...]

Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds sufficient to copy B:M into
Word.

First, though, make a column out of them (rather than a row) by using
Edit Copy
and then in a temporary scratch place using
Edit Paste Special Transpose

Then copy the Excel column, go to a new empty Word document and use
Edit Paste
The result is a table in Word. Pointing somewhere in the table and using
Table Select Table
Table Table properties
can customize the appearance as needed.