Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2003 - 2007

I use excel 2003 worksheets that are forwarded to me by company email
(Outlook), I enter new data and forward back to the sender with the changes
saved as FA1-1, FA1-2 etc. He has 2003, I have 2007 and I save in the 92 -
2003 format.
My problem is that the information that I enter changes when he opens it.
These are spreadsheets with basic formulas to create salaries and deductions.
I don't know why my changes are not there when I return the spreadsheets to
the boss. The formulas and entries all digress back to original info or uses
the formula in the previous column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My first guess is that the recipient isn't opening your attachment. He's
opening the original.

I'd ask him to save the attachment to his harddrive and open it from there to
see if that helps.

If that still doesn't show your changes, then maybe you're sending the wrong
file.

If I were you, I'd save the file to my harddrive, open it from there, do all the
work. Save back to that harddrive location, then attach this version to the
email (and have him check for the changes).

--

Dave Peterson