Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default G0 to cell reference

In Column A, I have 2 years of dates from A2: A732, with the function
"Match" I can locate the cell reference of a specific date but I would like
to be able to go to that cell directly if its possible. I know the function
"Go To" will take me there but am looking for something like a Hyperlink. Is
it possible?
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With your reference date in, say, D1, put this in E1:

=IF(D1="","",HYPERLINK("#A"&MATCH(D1,A2:A732,0),", jump"))

Just click on the word "jump" to move directly to the appropriate cell
in column A.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 1:19*pm, "John" wrote:
In Column A, I have 2 years of dates from A2: A732, with the function
"Match" I can locate the cell reference of a specific date but I would like
to be able to go to that cell directly if its possible. I know the function
"Go To" will take me there but am looking for something like a Hyperlink. Is
it possible?
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, because your data starts in A2 and MATCH returns the
relative position, you will have to add 1 to get to the correct cell,
i.e.:

=IF(D1="","",HYPERLINK("#A"&MATCH(D1,A2:A732,0)+1, ",jump"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 1:19*pm, "John" wrote:

In Column A, I have 2 years of dates from A2: A732, with the function
"Match" I can locate the cell reference of a specific date but I would like
to be able to go to that cell directly if its possible. I know the function
"Go To" will take me there but am looking for something like a Hyperlink. Is
it possible?
Regards
John- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, John - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Aug 27, 1:43*pm, "John" wrote:
Thank you Pete
It works great