Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding numbers

Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 and I have a workbook that has many functions. I can't
seem to get the cells with the currency setting with two decimals without it
rounding the numbers. Is it possible to change this format, to display only
decimal places, without rounding and using the functions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the actual value were 55.449998756 what would you want to see?
$55.45? (which is what I think you're getting)
or
$55.44 (in which case you can use =INT(A1/100)*100 (if A1 is the cell in
question)

"ac/blue01" wrote:

Hi,
I am using Excel 2003 and I have a workbook that has many functions. I can't
seem to get the cells with the currency setting with two decimals without it
rounding the numbers. Is it possible to change this format, to display only
decimal places, without rounding and using the functions.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will always round up the display but the underlying values are still
as original.

12.126789 formatted as currency 2DP will display as 12.13 but the value is
still 12.126789

This can lead to what looks like errors in arithmetic.

See John McGimpsey's site for "penny off" explanation and workarounds to
ensure accuracy.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP