Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatic equal sign that is NOT WANTED

Hello,

I recently received a workbook that had some input cells that were formatted
to be dates. These were formatted as Custom, with "mmmm, d yyyy"

I then wrote a macro for the workbook. All this macro did was to unhide and
hide back a few rows and columns in every tab.

Somehow now those cells that used to be inputs for dates are automatically
placing an equals sign before the date. So if you type 12/31/2007 the cell
"result" would be =12/31/2007, which then gives you a very small number
(since it's dividing by these values!), and tries to make that very small
number into a date, so you get something like 01/01/1900.

Anybody know what is going on? The only code in the macro that could
possibly be having an effect is as follows:
With Application

.ScreenUpdating = False
.OnKey "^{PGUP}"
.OnKey "^{PGDN}"
.DisplayFormulaBar = True
.DisplayStatusBar = True
.DisplayNoteIndicator = True
.TransitionNavigKeys = True

End With

With ActiveWindow

.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
.DisplayHeadings = True

End With

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=True
Application.Quit

However as I am aware right now all this code would do is not display
certain things on the screen (I turn them back on later with similar VBA
code).

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have your workbook set up with transition formula entry under
toolsoptionstransition

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"MARSON PROBLEMS" <MARSON wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank yuo so much!

One last question: can you tell if my macro do this? I tried looking at the
VBA code that would trun that option on, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere
in my code. However if I change this option and close the file, and then
reopen it, after my macro is done it seems the problem is back. Any ideas?

thanks again!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try it without the .TransitionNavigKeys = True

or change to False

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP