Harrison Midkiff

Default Can not save a file

Hello:

I am trying to save an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a folder which contains
brackets. Example "C:\[My Folder]". Everytime I try to save it I get an
error saying the file name is invalid due to the bracket, but there are no
brackets in the file name. The path has brackets. I was able to save files
here before.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

Harrison Midkiff

Jim Rech

Looks like a bug in Excel. I don't have a good workaround. It seems that if
you opened the workbook from this folder you can save it, if you do not
change the file's name. So you'd have to save it in another folder
initially and move it to the [folder] and open it from there.

Also it seems that you can save the workbook with a macro as long as it
doesn't specify the full path: ActiveWorkbook.Save "abc". This means the
[folder] would have to already be the current folder. You can set that
separately: chdir "c:\[aaa]"

Or maybe you should rename the folder;)

--
Jim
"Harrison Midkiff" wrote in message
| Hello:
|
| I am trying to save an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a folder which contains
| brackets. Example "C:\[My Folder]". Everytime I try to save it I get an
| error saying the file name is invalid due to the bracket, but there are no
| brackets in the file name. The path has brackets. I was able to save
files
| here before.
|
| Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?
|
| Harrison Midkiff

Myrna Larson

Or maybe you should rename the folder;)

I would suggest that might be the most effective alternative, if possible.
Fredrik Wahlgren

"Harrison Midkiff" wrote in message
Hello:

I am trying to save an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a folder which contains
brackets. Example "C:\[My Folder]". Everytime I try to save it I get an
error saying the file name is invalid due to the bracket, but there are no
brackets in the file name. The path has brackets. I was able to save

files
here before.

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

Harrison Midkiff

I remeber someone asked about this before. It seems as if brackets are
considered as illegal characters when used as a path. I think this is a bug
in Excel.

/Fredrik