Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to apply a % to rows

How can I create a box in excel which would apply to an entire row. What I
mean is I want to create an excel sheet for my sales team where they can give
discounts. I want to have a box to enter to discount % and the whole row
changes. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanxs,
Reza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have values in column A and want to show the discounted value in
Column B based on a value in say cell D1 then do the following

Enter percentage in D1 (say 0.10 for 10%)
Enter the following in B1
=A1*$D$1

Copy it down column B

When you change the value in D1, column B values will change accordingly.

"Reza" wrote:

How can I create a box in excel which would apply to an entire row. What I
mean is I want to create an excel sheet for my sales team where they can give
discounts. I want to have a box to enter to discount % and the whole row
changes. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanxs,
Reza

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume numbers in A1:M1

In A2 enter =IF(A1="","",A1-(A1*$A$3))

Copy across to M1

Format A3 as percentage then enter your discount percentage like 7.5 in A3

Without formulas...............enter .925 in an empty cell.

Copy that cell.........select the range to change and EditPaste
SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP