Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Lost my Fonts

Hi All.........
I have a computer running on WindowsMe and XL97. I did some designs in
Excel using the Vineta BT and other Fonts. I then upgraded my system to
WinXPhome, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and the new installs of Excel,
(97, 2k, and XP) do not recognize that Font as well as many others that I
had in the WinMe installation of those same Excel verisons........anybody
know what I may have done wrong........or is this just normal business?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chuck

Vineta BT is not a font installed with WindowsXP Home or Office Suite.

Must have been user-installed on the WinME before the upgrade.

Same for the "other fonts".

I would say...........normal business.

Gord

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 19:07:12 -0400, "CLR" wrote:

Hi All.........
I have a computer running on WindowsMe and XL97. I did some designs in
Excel using the Vineta BT and other Fonts. I then upgraded my system to
WinXPhome, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and the new installs of Excel,
(97, 2k, and XP) do not recognize that Font as well as many others that I
had in the WinMe installation of those same Excel verisons........anybody
know what I may have done wrong........or is this just normal business?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Gord.........I guess that's the case. I don't remember ever
intentionally installing any kind of Font, but maybe they got installed
along with some other programs I may have installed and removed over the
years. At least I can go forward from here now, just being very careful
not to use any weird fonts in any programs I give to others who may not have
them.

Thanks again,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

Hi All.........
I have a computer running on WindowsMe and XL97. I did some designs in
Excel using the Vineta BT and other Fonts. I then upgraded my system to
WinXPhome, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and the new installs of Excel,
(97, 2k, and XP) do not recognize that Font as well as many others that I
had in the WinMe installation of those same Excel verisons........anybody
know what I may have done wrong........or is this just normal business?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you search for "Vineta BT" on Google, there will be several sites where
you can download it for free (probably not legal, but you apparently had a
legal copy of it once, so perhaps you can justify downloading it based on
that<g).

Rick

wrote:

Hi All.........
I have a computer running on WindowsMe and XL97. I did some designs in
Excel using the Vineta BT and other Fonts. I then upgraded my system to
WinXPhome, Version 2002, Service Pack 2, and the new installs of Excel,
(97, 2k, and XP) do not recognize that Font as well as many others that I
had in the WinMe installation of those same Excel verisons........anybody
know what I may have done wrong........or is this just normal business?

TIA
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Thanks Rick..........

I liked the Vaneta BT font, but I'm not crazy about it. I'm actualy more
upset that Excel would go and get a non-standard font and let me use it and
not inform me that it had done so, so that I could inform my users whom I
send the program to. Is there a routine that can be run on a Workbook to
see if it has any non-standard Fonts therein? This would be a good help.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" wrote in
message ...