Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting texts

From A1 to A1000 my list has names that I add and erase depending on
something else. It is possible to keep update counting of how many names I
have in that mention range ? Which formula ?
THANKS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=COUNTA(A1:A1000) will count all names in that range.

Or do you mean unique names within the range?

See Chip Pearson's site for Counting Distinct Entries In A Range

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

Scroll down about 75% of page.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:28:01 -0700, computexcel
wrote:

From A1 to A1000 my list has names that I add and erase depending on
something else. It is possible to keep update counting of how many names I
have in that mention range ? Which formula ?
THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, I meant all names.
Yes, this is the formula I needed.
Thanks for the answer and for the website.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

=COUNTA(A1:A1000) will count all names in that range.

Or do you mean unique names within the range?

See Chip Pearson's site for Counting Distinct Entries In A Range

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

Scroll down about 75% of page.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:28:01 -0700, computexcel

From A1 to A1000 my list has names that I add and erase depending on