-   -   lookup values on two worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/199854-lookup-values-two-worksheets.html)

Dave

lookup values on two worksheets

I looked at the forums before I posted this question, didn't exactly see my
question:

I have two spreadsheets (e.g. A and B). Both contain instances of the same
data. My data is mainly for Part Numbers and vendors.

SHEET A SHEET B
PN 12345 Nut PN 12345 NUTS R US
PN 65234 Bolt PN 12345 NUTTY BUDDY
PN 65234 BOLTS FOR U
PN 65234 BOLT IT

On sheet A, I have single occurences of my Part number, with a description
of the item. On sheet B, I have one or more occurences of a Part number and
a vendor. I want Sheet A to be able to list all occurences of vendors for
each Part number. Vlookup only returns the first occurence of a vendor. I'd
like to see:

SHEET A
PN 12345 Nut NUTS R US
PN 12345 Nut NUTTY BUDDY
PN 65234 Bolt BOLTS FOR U
PN 65234 Bolt BOLT IT

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions for how to pick up the additional
vendors from Sheet B. Can this be done?

Thanks,

Dave

Sheeloo

lookup values on two worksheets

Insert the vendor column in sheet B, do a VLOOKUP and call that sheet A :-)