Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Date to text conversion

Hello everyone. Please help before I lose my mind completely. I have a SS
with a load of flat (apartment) numbers in the format 1/2, 2/3, 3/3, 4/1,
etc. Excel has converted these to dates but I need them to be in text format.
Trouble is that, when I convert to text (or copy - paste as values), excel
displays the dates in their serial format instead of displaying them as they
were shown (1/2 etc). The only way I can fin around this is to re-enter each
value preceded by a single quote but this is becoming impractical as I'm
deling with hundreds of them. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hope u had copied the data from some other application.

Then try this one selecet the entire coloumn then format it as text.

Now try to copy and past the data in formated coloumn

cheers
rajesh