Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I display empty columns in a Pivot Table?

I have a pivot table set up with 1 page, row and column field with various
values.

Basically, I want to do some math between values of my page variable (i.e.
one value of my page variable is "total" and I want the percentage of that
total for the other page values).

This can be accomplished by making another table and using formulas and cell
references. My problem is that for some page variables, I have columns with
no data, so Excel hides them, so the dimensions of my table are changing.

I want to be able to make Excel display all columns and rows, even if they
are empty, which in effect keeps my pivot table dimensions constant. That
way, I can reference the first cell in each table and fill down and across,
and I will be sure that the cells are matching properly. Any ideas on how to
accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can try right clicking on the field and selecting Field Settings - check
Show Items with No Data
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson