Old August 21st 08, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add "+" plus symbol to positive percentage

Hi, Im calculating a precentage of two figures:
A1= 100 A2=200

=(A1/A2)-1

This gives me a negative result "-50%"

When A1 is greater than A2, resulting in a positve result, I'd like it to
display "+50%". Right now the plus symbol is not included.

Tried to concatenate but can't figure it out.

Many thanks for all suggestions.
Hendrik

Old August 21st 08, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well - if you WANT a positive result
you can eliminate the "-1" from your formula, or
you can use an IF() =A1/A2-IF(A2A1,1,0), or
you can use ABS(A1/A2-1)

Or, you can use a custom format

0.00%;"+"0.00%

that will put a plus sign in front of negative percentages. If you want it
in front of both...

"+"0.00%;"+"0.00%

Old August 21st 08, 03:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format|Cells|Custom
Custom number format:
+ #0.0# %;- #0.0# %

Hope this helps.
--
John C

Old August 21st 08, 04:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much both, worked like a charm

"John C" wrote:

Format|Cells|Custom
Custom number format:
+ #0.0# %;- #0.0# %

Hope this helps.
--
John C

Old August 21st 08, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.
--
John C

"Hendrik.Kleine" wrote:

Thank you very much both, worked like a charm

"John C" wrote:

Format|Cells|Custom
Custom number format:

Hope this helps.