Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COMPARE Add-in

I've installed the COMPARE add-in from
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Download.htm
and I have some questions.

1. The code provide for adding an item to the TOOLS drop down menu in
Sub Workbook_Open. At first, after installing the add-in, this did not
happen. After I opened the .xla file itself in EXCEL, "compare
worksheets" appeared in the TOOLS menu. Is there/was there another way
to accomplish this?

2. The form for entering the worksheets names to compare was not wide
enough for my (admittedly verbose!) workbook names. I modified the
form to a greater width, but I'm not keen on making changes to someone
else's code, even when as in this case the change is relatively minor.
Is there another way to accomplish this?

3. Is there a way to automatically have a COMPARE WORKSHEET button
appear on any EXCEL session where the add-in is installed?

4. The code where I will be using the COMPARE is attached to
a command button. The code that runs "knows" the names of the
worksheets to be compared. I'd like to run the compares behind the
scenes -- that is, without the user having to enter the worksheet
names. Short of hacking into the xla's code, is there a clean way to
sortof front-end that code, bypassing the userform and passing in the
names of the worksheets to be compared?

TIA,

Phil