Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula

i am tracking vacation days, and have a column R which is todays date and E
thru P represent days used or scheduled each month with Q being how many
unscheduled days are left for the year what i am looking for is after each
months passe to tally up actual days used in another column any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seems to me that somewhere we need to know the maximum number of days a
person can schedule/use per year before we can come up with unscheduled for
the year. Is that information available somewhere?

"phil" wrote:

i am tracking vacation days, and have a column R which is todays date and E
thru P represent days used or scheduled each month with Q being how many
unscheduled days are left for the year what i am looking for is after each
months passe to tally up actual days used in another column any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some assumptions for the setup:
Row 1 contains dates of the last day of a month in columns E through P, that
is E1 = 1/31/08 and F1 = 2/29/08 .... P1 = 12/31/2008
And you have a formula such as = NOW() in R1.
In row 2 under each month's date you have the days scheduled/taken - and
they represent those taken in months previous to the current month.

this formula in row 2 would show total days taken in months before the month
of the date in R1 (so with Aug 19th shown in R1, you'll get a total of the
days taken in months January - July):
=SUMPRODUCT(--(E1:P1<$R$1),(E2:P2))