Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging WorkBooks Not Working

I want to merge two workbooks (more later) so that duplicate entries will be
eliminated. (Copy/paste does not fit my need.) When I try to do this, it
says that both workbooks must be shared and the tracking history must be the
same. I made both workbooks "shared" and checked the box to "keep change
history for 30 days". This did not work. Does this mean that I can only
merge workbooks that originated from the same source? My staff is using a
"template-type" document (not a TRUE template)...and inputting their
individual data. Now we need to combine them all, but want to eliminate
duplicate entries.

Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can only merge different versions of a single shared workbook.

Trying to merge two separately shared workbooks will not work.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP