Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to get days of week by entering dates?

How do I set up a function that when I "input a date it gives me the day of
the week" in another column?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on the format you want displayed.

Full day name:
=TEXT(A1,"dddd")

Three letter day name:
=TEXT(A1,"ddd")

HTH,
Paul
--

"jspaeth" wrote in message
How do I set up a function that when I "input a date it gives me the day
of
the week" in another column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this

=WEEKDAY(A1)

With a custom format of DDD

Mike

"jspaeth" wrote:

How do I set up a function that when I "input a date it gives me the day of
the week" in another column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the date is in A1, create the following formula in the cell you want
the day of the week in:

=A1

Then select the formula cell and click FORMAT, CELLS from the menu and click
the NUMBER tab.

In the CATEGORY column select CUSTOM and then in the text box to the right
of the CATEGORY column enter the following format mask:

dddd

Click OK to exit.
--
Kevin Backmann

"jspaeth" wrote:

How do I set up a function that when I "input a date it gives me the day of
the week" in another column?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't need the WEEKDAY function, Mike.
=A1 will do the same, if you format as ddd.
--
David Biddulph

"Mike H" wrote in message

Try this