Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide/Unhide vs Group/Ungroup - Need Help

Hi, I am pulling my hair out on this one. I just switched to Excel 2007 and I
cannot figure out how to Ungroup rows without also Unhiding any hidden rows
within that group. I really need to be able to Group/Ungroup without Unhiding
rows that are unused. This was never a problem with my previous version of
Excel. The two commands were not linked. Thanks in advance.

Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use XL07, so this is just a guess.

If rows 3 to 10 are grouped and compressed (hidden),
select Row 2 and drag down 1 row to select Row 11 also, then:

<Shift <Alt <LeftArrow

--

HTH,

RD

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi, I am pulling my hair out on this one. I just switched to Excel 2007 and
cannot figure out how to Ungroup rows without also Unhiding any hidden rows
within that group. I really need to be able to Group/Ungroup without
Unhiding
rows that are unused. This was never a problem with my previous version of
Excel. The two commands were not linked. Thanks in advance.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying that in XL 07, when you use that keyboard shortcut to ungroup
the selected rows, it *unhides* the rows in addition to ungrouping them?

Strange - it doesn't do that in XL2k and XL02.

Wonder why Redmond made that change?

RD

"Richard" wrote in message
Hi, I am pulling my hair out on this one. I just switched to Excel 2007
and
cannot figure out how to Ungroup rows without also Unhiding any hidden
rows
within that group. I really need to be able to Group/Ungroup without
Unhiding
rows that are unused. This was never a problem with my previous version
of
Excel. The two commands were not linked. Thanks in advance.

Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 19, 8:04 am, Richard wrote:
Hi, I am pulling my hair out on this one. I just switched toExcel2007and I
cannot figure out how to Ungrouprowswithout also Unhiding any hiddenrows
within thatgroup. I really need to be able toGroup/Ungroup without Unhidingrowsthat are unused. This was never a problem with my previous version ofExcel. The two commands were not linked. Thanks in advance.

Richard

Richard,
Launch Excel 2007, highlight your rows to group, then go to "Data" in
the Menu Bar at top, then in the ribbon below, look to the far right
in the "Outline" box. There will be "Group" and "Ungroup" icons...