Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select, find in another book, copy, return and paste

Excel 2003

I have multiple catalogue workbooks, all use the same layout. I want to
update the on hand stock in column H for the item numbers I select in
column B. All on hands are in workbook peter1.xls in column G.

I have recorded the steps I would like to do with the macro recorder but
I want this to work with any cell or range I select in B from any of the
workbooks I open.

Sub Find()
'
' Find Macro
' Macro recorded 15/08/2008
'

'
Windows("Beverageware 111 Basic Decorated.xls").Activate
Selection.Copy
Windows("peter1.xls").Activate
Cells.Find(What:="P221558", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, _
LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate
Range("G1991").Select
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Windows("Beverageware 111 Basic Decorated.xls").Activate
Range("H8").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

I hope this explains what I need.