Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing letter case to user specified.

Converting the full names in column A, formatted "LastName, FirstName" into
names formatted "FirstName LastName".

Solution:

Use the RIGHT, LEFT, LEN and FIND text category functions, as follows:
=RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-FIND("","",A2)-1)&"" ""&LEFT(A2,FIND("","",A2)-1)

Example:

Last Name, First Name Result
Seinfeld, Jerry Jerry Seinfeld
Bush, George George Bush
Jordan, Michael Michael Jordan
Bowie, David David Bowie

"JoeWood77" wrote:

I have a list of names in both WORD and EXCEL and would like to change the
case letters to look like this...

LAST, First

How can I do this? Is there a function I could use in EXCEL or WORD?

Joe