Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default general date to date format

Hi
Please help
I have tried all the formulas in the other post but none work. I either get
a circular error or shows #ref or #format.

My dates look like 03-JAN-98
I need them to be date format like 01/03/98 or 01/03/1998.
I will be importing into vfp8 and need it to be in date format.

Thanks
Sherry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

They must be seen as text, first make sure you have a date format like
mm/dd/yyyy, then
select the column and do datatext to columns and click finish.

Peo Sjoblom

"sherry" wrote in message
Hi
Please help
I have tried all the formulas in the other post but none work. I either
get
a circular error or shows #ref or #format.

My dates look like 03-JAN-98
I need them to be date format like 01/03/98 or 01/03/1998.
I will be importing into vfp8 and need it to be in date format.

Thanks
Sherry

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I seem to have misread the question but why would you get a circular
reference warning if you just try to format the value? Not possible unless
you have a formula. Btw there is no #format error to my knowledge.also don't
refer to some other post it's better to post in the same thread.

Peo Sjoblom