-   -   can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/198870-can-you-scroll-while-using-f2-key-excel-2007-a.html)

James

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

I know that in prior versions you could scroll via a mouse wheel after
hitting F2 to review key inputs into a formula, but since I switched to 2007
I can't seem to use that function.

Any suggestions? I need that functionallity if possible

Duke Carey

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

I miss that functionality something terrible and haven't been able to figure
a way around it.

"James" wrote:

I know that in prior versions you could scroll via a mouse wheel after
hitting F2 to review key inputs into a formula, but since I switched to 2007
I can't seem to use that function.

Any suggestions? I need that functionallity if possible

Bob I

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

Click in the cell, then scroll.

James wrote:

I know that in prior versions you could scroll via a mouse wheel after
hitting F2 to review key inputs into a formula, but since I switched to 2007
I can't seem to use that function.

Any suggestions? I need that functionallity if possible

Duke Carey

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

What kind of mouse & mouse driver are you using. My MS wheel mouse WILL NOT
scroll with the wheel when in Edit mode.

James wrote:

I know that in prior versions you could scroll via a mouse wheel after
hitting F2 to review key inputs into a formula, but since I switched to 2007
I can't seem to use that function.

Any suggestions? I need that functionallity if possible

Bob I

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

Did you click in the cell? (Microsoft driver, Dell optical mouse)

James wrote:

I know that in prior versions you could scroll via a mouse wheel after
hitting F2 to review key inputs into a formula, but since I switched to 2007
I can't seem to use that function.

Any suggestions? I need that functionallity if possible

Stu

can you scroll while using f2 key in Excel 2007

MS have determined that the scroll is in the formula bar as the formula bar
is multiline in Excel 2007. You need to have "Allow edit directly in cell"
switched on, then it will scroll while editing a formula. Pit of a pain as I
prefer not to edit directly cells, but better than not having the
functionality at all.