Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel docs opening in their own instance - not all in one

can anyone address how to fix this issue?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets some of the windows registry to
excel's factory defaults.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I have tried to do this myself, but when I go into the right file, and hit
TOOLS, I dont get a General Option and therefore cannot click Ignore other
applications.

Is this because I am now on the wonder that is Vista? These files have
always been 2007 just on an XP machine, and they just will not open unless I
go through Excel. I have had a look at the second option you have offered,
but wasnt sure how to find this!

Thanks

Nikki

jcsfny wrote:

can anyone address how to fix this issue?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm confused.

If you're running xl2007, then you don't have that Tools menu--or the worksheet
menubar.

You can find the equivalent under:
Office button|Excel options|Advanced|General
Ignore other apps that use DDE
(uncheck it)