Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change of Server

In the very near future all my data,spreadsheets etc will be transfered from
one server to another.

This will require all my links to other files and data sources to be
changed. I can do this manually but I wondered if there is another way to do
this as this will be extremely time consuming ?
--
Kind Regards

Peter Bebbington
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That is why yo ushould use mapped drive letters. When you change servers
there would be no impact because all yo would have to do is change the
mapping of the drive.

Your two choices would be to open all the files and then use the Replace
menu item to change the server name (replace all). A macro can be writtten
to perrfrom the same operations but could automatically open all files and
make all changes.

"Peter Bebbington" wrote:

In the very near future all my data,spreadsheets etc will be transfered from
one server to another.

This will require all my links to other files and data sources to be
changed. I can do this manually but I wondered if there is another way to do
this as this will be extremely time consuming ?
--
Kind Regards

Peter Bebbington

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I remember correctly, I've seen mapped drive designations change back to
the server designations if a setting in Excel is off.

I believe it's in Tools - Options - General - WebOptions - Files

Uncheck update links on save.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt