Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Status Bar sum value copy to spreadsheet

When I select a range of cells on my sheet I see the SUM in the status bar.
Is there any way to transfer that sum into my spreadsheet (eg Paste) rather
than writing a formula explicitly?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say we use cell A1 and we want A1 to reflect the sum of the selected cells.
Insert the following worksheet event macro:

Range("A1").Value = Application.Sum(Target)
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200800

"Rudi" wrote:

When I select a range of cells on my sheet I see the SUM in the status bar.
Is there any way to transfer that sum into my spreadsheet (eg Paste) rather
than writing a formula explicitly?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are very welcome!