Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting spreadsheet with conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet that has conditional formatting on cells. When I sort
the data base on a particular column, the conditional formatting does not
move with the sorted data, it stays with the original cell. Is there anyway
to fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not really. to my understanding, conditional fomating is cell specific. you
assign it to a cell, not the value in the cell. and when you sort, values
move, not cells. Cell A10 is still cell A10.
you can apply condional formating across a range(row, column) depending on
your need but technically each cell contains the formating independently.
what to do? not sure. i would need more info on your data layout and what
the conditional formating is for/does.

regards
FSt1