Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Progress Bar

Whilst macros are working and if there are call commands within these
routines the macro could go on for apporx 60 secs, how can I either install a
progress bar or allow messages to appear on a Userform. I tried useing a
userform but when this was shown the macro stopped until there was some sort
of imput from the user. how can I get around this.
Many thanks in anticipation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some downloads:

From John Walkenbach (userform):

http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...ess_indicator/

From Stephen Bullen (Windows API):

Page:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
Specific file:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...e=WksPrgrs.zip

--
Jim
"leerem" wrote in message
| Whilst macros are working and if there are call commands within these
| routines the macro could go on for apporx 60 secs, how can I either
install a
| progress bar or allow messages to appear on a Userform. I tried useing a
| userform but when this was shown the macro stopped until there was some
sort
| of imput from the user. how can I get around this.
| Many thanks in anticipation

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RCW RCW is offline

If the user is knowledgable, I like to use an actual message that says what
the macro is doing now. Insert code like in this demo:

Sub ReportProgress()
'
' Gives the user info on macro progress
'
' Change the caption in the title bar.
' Capture the current color of the gridlines in x, then change it
' Add more caption changes to report the progress as needed
' At the end of the macro, set gridline color back to original and
' the caption back to Microsoft Excel
' Add BEEP to let user know the macro is done
'
'
Application.Caption = " A macro is moving data to the Summary Sheet "

x = ActiveWindow.GridlineColorIndex
ActiveWindow.GridlineColor = QBColor(9)

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
' your macro code would be here