Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default V Lookup Copy Error

when i copy a v-lookup formula in a col I am getting the value which it
returned in the 1st cell throughout the col.
Unless I am manually get into the cell and do enter, I am not able to see
the correct value returned by the formula for that cell.

Why does this happen? Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Did u fix your table array with "$" ?

It'll be helpful if you provide more information.

"Sekhar" wrote:

when i copy a v-lookup formula in a col I am getting the value which it
returned in the 1st cell throughout the col.
Unless I am manually get into the cell and do enter, I am not able to see
the correct value returned by the formula for that cell.

Why does this happen? Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Some quick diagnostics ...

1. Is calc set to manual mode? Press F9. Does it compute?
To check/change calc mode: Click Tools Options Calculation tab
Set it to "Automatic"

2. Data is inconsistent between the lookup values/lookup col in the ref
table,
eg text numbers vs real numbers

Try these variations:
=VLOOKUP(A1+0,TableArray,2,0)
make the lookup value into a real number

=VLOOKUP(A1&"",TableArray,2,0)
make the lookup value into a text number

=VLOOKUP(TEXT(A1,"000000"),TableArray,2,0)
make the lookup value into a text number, padded with leading zeros (6 digits)

Or, if its text phrase lookups,
maybe there's extraneous white spaces somewhe
=VLOOKUP(TRIM(A1),TableArray,2,0)
TRIM removes the extraneous white spaces in the lookup
--
Max
Singapore