Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Chart display of no value cells

Hello,

I am creating a report through Excel that requires a lot of calculations. I
have cells (master cells) that are referenced to other cells in the workbook
on other spreadsheets. The master cells are conditioned that if there is no
value (=""), the cell will stay blank; if there is a value, the master cell
will carry that value. In the end, I want to chart the master cells. I have
an (xy) scatter plot set-up. I want to be able to chart the data and if a
master cell as no value (="") I want the chart to skip that data point and go
to the next. I have gone through the menu to Tools--Options--Chart---Plot
empty cells as not plot (leave gap). The chart will display the empty master
cells as a 0.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of returning "" have the cell return #N/A. That will not graphg then
you can just conditioanlly format the #N/A to not appear.

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson