Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unprotect/Unlock Option B uttons

I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) in which I have 2 option buttons grouped
together to give an either/or choice. These are linked to a cell which return
the result of which one is selected. Another formula references this cell to
insert specific information in a second worksheet within the file.

I want to protect both worksheets and have unlocked cells where the user
needs to enter data. My problem is how can I unprotect/unlock the option
buttons. Whatever I try results in an error massage re the sheet being
protected. My fornulas work but this will confuse users so I don't want the
warning shoing.

Grateful for any pointers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The option buttons should work if the linked cell is unlocked...

--
Jim
"Code Numpty" wrote in message
|I have a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) in which I have 2 option buttons grouped
| together to give an either/or choice. These are linked to a cell which
return
| the result of which one is selected. Another formula references this cell
| insert specific information in a second worksheet within the file.
|
| I want to protect both worksheets and have unlocked cells where the user
| needs to enter data. My problem is how can I unprotect/unlock the option
| buttons. Whatever I try results in an error massage re the sheet being
| protected. My fornulas work but this will confuse users so I don't want
the
| warning shoing.
|
| Grateful for any pointers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jim, I thought I'd tried this but obviously hadn't. Works a treat now
:-)