Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pdf add-in problem

Hi

I am using Excel 2007 and have installed the Microsoft's PDF Add-in. I have
also developed my own Add-in which is used by our product to generate
Reports. Everything was working fine till the point the solution was deployed
on different machines/computers. And suddenly the PDF Add-in stopped working
by giving message about being no default printer installed.

On some investigations I found out that the PDF Add-in does not work if
there is no Printer installed on the box. But could not find this instruction
on the download page of the Add-in on Microsoft's site.

So my question is does this PDF Add-in really need at least one printer to
be installed? Do we have to install any specific printer driver? Is it
necessary that the printer has to be there physically or only the driver will
do?

Any information related to Microsoft's PDF Add-in is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anand

Interesting
I check it out on a VPC this evening

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Anand Nichkaode" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Working OK here but all my VPC have a Office version with OneNote in it.
So this is a "Send To OneNote" option in the Print dialog.

If nobody reply today I setup a VPC with a basic Office version to test for you tomorrow

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anand

I setup a VPC with WinXP and Ofice 2007 Pro
If no printer is installed you see the Msgbox when you try to use the add-in with
the text "add a printer........................................... "

StartSettings..Printers and faxes
Add printer

Local printer (uncheck auto detect)
I installed the first printer in the list
Not print a test page
OK

Now the add-in is working
So you only need the driver of a printer

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Did you get time to install Excel 2007 and check the PDF Addin thing?

Please let me know.

-Thx
Anand