Lady Layla

Can you split the column into 4 seperate columns using data ---text to columns
(format all cells as text beforehand so you dont lose leading 0's)?
Then Select entire region and sort by Col D then other criteria

"retman" wrote in message
: Hello,
: Below you can find an example of my worksheet:
: DC 00 03 20
: FE 06 55 20
: BD 09 29 40
: CT 08 41 70
: GT 09 92 80
: In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and
: top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting
: all the numbers by hand.

Brian Allen - McKEOWN INC.

I don't believe you can sort both in one operation. Select your cells, then
Data|Sort and select options. You can then choose "Sort left to right"
instead of "Sort top to bottom". Select ascending or descending depending on
the order you want. Then Sort it again going top to bottom (normal).

"retman" wrote:

Hello,
Below you can find an example of my worksheet:
DC 00 03 20
FE 06 55 20
BD 09 29 40
CT 08 41 70
GT 09 92 80
In this example, you see the sort as I want it (right-to-left and
top-to-bottom). But how can I let Excel do this sort? Now I'm first sorting
all the numbers by hand.

retman

I'm sorry, but I forgot to mention that these 'numbers' are all in one cell,
so "DC 00 03 20" is in one cell. And another thing is, that I want to have it
sorted that you first see all the 'numbers' which end on 0, after that, 1
etc. Like this:
DC03210
FE65520
BD92940