Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to autofil a formula that is not recognised?

ok here goes! I have data in 1 tab... in another tab i want to be able to
show the ratio of sets of columns in tab1

so in theory all i want to do is get show is

B2/C2 D2/E2 F2/G2 H2/I2 AND SO ON....

If i try to autocomplet across the row (i have do do this to 400 sets) excel
will auto using b2/c2 c2/d2 d/e..... is there a way i can get it to skip ?

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This should work... put this in any cell and copy across (you can also copy
down)...

=INDEX(Sheet1!2:2,1,2*(COLUMN(A1)))/INDEX(Sheet1!2:2,1,2*(COLUMN(A1))+1)

The 2:2 reference is because you specified row 2 in your sample.

Rick