Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel attachment bounces

Hi,

I have an workbook with around 8 sheet. When i send this file through email,
it bounces back with error of having VBA Macros. I do not have any macros in
the workbook. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 8, 10:25*am, Lavanya Pandian
wrote:
Hi,

I have an workbook with around 8 sheet. When i send this file through email,
it bounces back with error of having VBA Macros. I do not have any macros in
the workbook. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

It's most likely something to do with the settings of the email
server, which you probably have little to no control over.
Try changing the extension of the file to something else, like .jpg
or .txt, and see if the server still bounces the attachment. Of
course, the recipient will have to change the extension back to .xls,
xlsb or whatever the extension originally was
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may have module sheets in the workbook. the best way of really telling
that you have a macro in the workbook is set your security level to medium
and then open the workbook. A warning message will appear if you do have a
macro in the workbook.

from worksheet menu

Tools - Macro - Security
change seting to medium. then close the workbook and re-open.

If you do have macros then do the following.

1) from worksheet press ALT - F11
2) You should see a VBA PROJECT. If not go to View menu and select Project
Explorer
3) Look for module in VBA project. If there is a plus sign open plus sign.
then right click each Module (like module 1) and right click. then select
Remove. You can click the response Export before Deleting NO.
4) remove any code in THISWORKBOOK and any of the SHEET pages. Double click
each item and check for any text.
5) Save workbook close, and re-open. The macro warning should disappear.