Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default consolidate data

I've combined several 'timesheets' into one. Now, I'd like to combine
project time for all months. I'm trying to use the Data/Consolidate, but
getting nowhere. Here's what I have:

Resource Project May June July
User A Project A 5
User A Project B 5
User A Project A 6
User A Project B 4

I'd like it to show:
Resource Project Total
User A Project A 11
User A Project B 9

How do I consolidate all of the 'Projects' to show only the total for each
project and all months? I'd like to save the individual information and
create a consolidated spreadsheet within this Workbook. I'm not very good
with VBA, so was hoping that maybe I'm just not doing the Data/Consolidation
correctly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the consolidate feature of Pivot Table.
Sample file at:
http://www.savefile.com/files/1720068