Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default force to single column

Can someone here please tell me how i can force the following.....

2 rows of 3 cells each.....
row 1 = A B C
row 2 = 3 1 2 (but these numbers are variable)

these 2 rows represent (in this case) 3 x A, 1 x B and 2 x C
i want the data above to be forced into a single column in this manner

with no blank cells inbetween

if for example the numbers were A=1 B=2 C=3
then the rusult must be

with no blank cells inbetween

I hope someone can help - my EXCEL knowlege is somewhat - very - limited

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi EngelseBoer

Try this formula in cell A3
=MID(REPT($A$1,$A$2)&REPT($B$1,$B$2)&REPT($C$1,$C$ 2),ROW()-2,1)
Copy down as far as needed

Regards,
Pedro J.

Can someone here please tell me how i can force the following.....

2 rows of 3 cells each.....
row 1 = A B C
row 2 = 3 1 2 (but these numbers are variable)

these 2 rows represent (in this case) 3 x A, 1 x B and 2 x C
i want the data above to be forced into a single column in this manner

with no blank cells inbetween

if for example the numbers were A=1 B=2 C=3
then the rusult must be

with no blank cells inbetween

I hope someone can help - my EXCEL knowlege is somewhat - very - limited

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

THANX
That is EXACTLY what i need

Thanks ever so much Pedro
Regards
Malcolm (EngelseBoer)

"Infinitogool" wrote:

Hi EngelseBoer

Try this formula in cell A3
=MID(REPT($A$1,$A$2)&REPT($B$1,$B$2)&REPT($C$1,$C$ 2),ROW()-2,1)
Copy down as far as needed

Regards,
Pedro J.

Can someone here please tell me how i can force the following.....

2 rows of 3 cells each.....
row 1 = A B C
row 2 = 3 1 2 (but these numbers are variable)

these 2 rows represent (in this case) 3 x A, 1 x B and 2 x C
i want the data above to be forced into a single column in this manner

with no blank cells inbetween

if for example the numbers were A=1 B=2 C=3
then the rusult must be

with no blank cells inbetween

I hope someone can help - my EXCEL knowlege is somewhat - very - limited

Regards
Malcolm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

UMM ONE PROBLEM...
it forces me to use rows 1 and 2 with results from row 3 down...

i need it much lower on the sheet

what need to change please?

Regards